July 22, 2012

Never Work a Day In Your Life

Jumping off what I mentioned yesterday I bring a new thought to you today.  If money did not matter, schooling did not matter, and you could do anything in the world that you wanted, what would it be?

What would you do? What would you create?

So many people, college students even, work summer jobs or internships, or even accept job offers based on ridiculous reasons.  They do not like the job description or the company, but they see a flashy salary number and are drawn to it.  Then they complain nonstop about how they hate their job.

Then why do it? "Well, I need to pay the bills somehow..."

While this may be true, there are a hundred other things you could be doing that are much more fun and that still pay fairly well.  And, if you can't find it, create it yourself.  You will be much happier in the long run. 

If for some reason you are stuck in that job you hate, find a way to make it fun.  Make jokes with other employees, dance to music while you work, anything that makes you smile. 

A friend on mine once told me he works forty hours at one job during the week, and then goes to a second job on the weekend to work at least another ten.  When I asked him what he thought about it he answered:

"I love it. I still can't believe I'm getting paid to do this!"


No comments:

Post a Comment