July 25, 2012

"He touched the butt."

I don't know of anyone who doesn't love Disney's Finding Nemo. The title and idea for this post is taken from a scene very early on in the movie when Nemo's father forbids him from going near the risky boat (the butt as the kids call it).

A lot of times people tell us don't take risks.  Sometimes we tell it to ourselves.  Maybe fear holds us back.  Fear tells us, "Well, yeah, you can do that, but this bad thing might happen...".  It rarely lets the small ray of light shine through of the fantastic outcome that will most likely happen.

I'm the type of person that loves the adrenaline rush I get from taking risks. Something as small as starting this, my first blog, to jumping out of an airplane last summer gives me a feeling that I cannot get enough of.  Sure, there is a chance that no one will read my blog, or that my parachute will not open.  I know the risk, but I choose to do it anyway.  I have this saying that I try to live my life by, "I would rather regret attempting something, than looking back and regret being too afraid to try".
 
A lot of these risks I have on my bucket list. I'm slowly working on checking them off.  Some people call me insane, but I just like living life to the fullest.  My next big challenge is to hike the Hang Son Doong caves in Vietnam.

What is on your bucket list? What risks are you taking to enrich your life? (I'd love to read your answers in the comment box!)


Me in flight last summer.  It was the best experience of my life.  I cannot wait to go again this fall!


No comments:

Post a Comment