September 3, 2012

Jimmy John's

To be honest, I personally like the subs at Subway better than Jimmy John's.  There is one thing that Subway doesn't have that JJ's does though...

The signs.

Anyone who has ever eaten or walked into a Jimmy John's knows what I am talking about.  One struck me while I was eating dinner last night there. 

It read, "The answer to every question that you don't ask is no."

This really stuck out to me, because this is a saying that I have been trying to live by more or less.  It doesn't do you or anyone else any good to question something in your head, and then never openly ask about it.  It could be an idea that no one had ever thought of before, but could be the one that changes the world. 

AND... Even if the answer to the question happens to be no, then you are no worse off than where you started.  You instead have more information now to figure out how to make that "no" into a "yes".  It goes back to me and my risk taking.  In the future, I would hate to look back and think to myself, "What if I had asked that question? What if the answer was yes? What would be different now?"

No comments:

Post a Comment